In celebration of the Internal Happiness Day we mustn’t forget that happiness comes from within. It’s definitely easier to put blame on an event or somebody else for feeling a certain way, but truth is seeing things that way doesn’t help us one bit.
It’s our own responsibility to let go of those grudges and make ourselves happy, you know? And while we’re at it, make the ones around you happy as well. We get the most joy from doing nice things for others, help out a friend or even a stranger.
No matter our background or circumstance, there’s nothing wrong about wanting to be a little happier. We only have one life to live so we better make the best out of it, and that should start today as tomorrow might be too late.
Let’s all try and be a little more happier today and from now on, shall we? Here’s 1o ways that will definitely improve your happiness…
- Exercise for 30 minutes every day. Go for a brisk walk, do a quick workout at home, go jog in the park. It’s a no brainer that taking care of your body improves your physical and mental well-being, so get your body moving to boost endorphins.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Start your day the right way by eat something nutritious and healthy, like porridge or sugar free cereals with a plant-based milk. It sets you up for the day by giving you slow releasing energy.
- Meditate for 15 minutes daily. Meditation relaxes your mind, creates inner peace and boosts your well-being levels.
- Surround yourself with happy people. Connecting with friends, family or colleagues is central to our happiness. Invite a friend over or do something fun in the city to lift up that spirit.
- Try something new. Learning a new skill or trying something new can boost our self-confidence and sense of worth. Sign up for a crafty workshop, learn more about photography, or go all out and have a go at bungee jumping. Whatever tickles your fancy.
- Hug someone every day. Hugs can help you bond, build self-worth, reduce levels of our stress hormone cortisol and boost endorphins. Same goes for telling you love someone. Go on, call your better half, your mum, a friend that you haven’t spoken with in a long time.
- Smell flowers. According to scientific studies, seeing and smelling flowers can make us feel happier. Have you noticed daffodils sprouting up every where?
- Do something for others. Doing someone a favour, taking a friend out to dinner, or even buying someone a small gift can increase our happiness levels, and also your friend’s.
- Gratitude. Being mindful of the things around us that we are thankful for can make us happier.
- Find a freebie. Recent studies have revealed that getting a freebie is one of the little things that can improve our day.
If you haven’t got any plans for Internationl Happiness Day yet, come celebrate it in style at St Christopher’s Place. It’s definitely going to be a day filled with joy, with lots of freebies, live music, massages, a Tai Chi and a knitting workshop, free daffodils, discounts in-store among other surprises.
You’re also invited to share what makes you happy on the ‘Happiness Wall’ or on Twitter using #happyplace for your chance to win the ultimate pick-me-up package of a pamper session, a shopping spree and dinner for two.
Have a wonderful Happiness Day!
This post was written in partnership with St Christopher’s Place.
Follow me on: